Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Birthday to me.......

Today is my Birthday and I must say I love Birthdays.... So you don't get the wrong idea, it's not the presents that make birthdays so great. ( although I am not going to lie those are fun too) But the best part about Birthdays is that you are reminded how much you are loved by your family and friends. I love how you get a phone call from a friend you don't get to talk to as much as you'd like so you get a 15 minute catch up. I love how all the little kids in your life and even the big kids call and sing to you in their sweet voices. (even the ones who have to call you back because they forget that's why they called you in the first place, yes Julie that would be you) I love how my daughters try so hard to please me and not to fight with each other. ( I especially love it when one of them forgets and the other one quickly whispers it to them "Shh stop fighting with me it's Mom's Birthday" I love how my husband whispered "Happy Birthday Hon" (which sounds like "un" because English people don't pronounce their H's) at 2:00 am so he could be the first to say it to me. I hope he will always be the first one to wish me a Happy Birthday. I most especially love my Birthday because it means that God has given me yet another year to spend with the wonderful people in my life and a chance to remember how very lucky and blessed I am. Yes, I really do love Birthdays so Happy Birthday to me.................

No comments: