Wednesday, February 22, 2012
As I watched the You Tube video my mind kept going back to the parents of these girl's and how horrified they must of been when they discovered what their girl's had done. How embarrassed and while I am sure they were furious with their daughter's, they were also probably filled with sorrow at the thought of how hard it would be for these girl's to get past this and all the outrage they had caused. Now it seems that their lives are being threatened and their parents fear for their safety. How horrible as a parent to go through something like this.
I thought of my own daughters. I thought about how I continually stress to them that everything they do is a reflection on their father and I. As unfair as this may be it is true. Whenever something like this happens the first thought people have is "Where are their parents?" or "What kind of parents are raising these kids?"
I will share this story with my girls, I will stress again how important it is that we all live with empathy, respect, and tolerance. I will remind them that everything they email, tweet, text, or You Tube is forever and you can't take it back. I will tell them again that EVERYTHING they do is a reflection on me so please remember to THINK before you act......ALWAYS......
Friday, February 17, 2012
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
1. Did you have a nickname as a child? What was it?
I have always been called "Suzie Q" by my Aunt Sharon, when I was young I was "Balouchi" to my Grandmother and I was known as "Malibu" to my cousins for awhile.
2. What movie can you quote best? Without a hesitation that would be "Finding Nemo" my most favorite "find a happy place, find a happy place."
3. What was your favorite pastime in middle school? Roller skating at what used to be called "Southland Rollar Palace" what's neat about still living in the small town you grew up in is that my youngest daughter is now a big fan of roller skating at the same rink but now it is called "Astro Skate."
4. What did the high-school you want to be when you grew up? I can't really remember but I remember as a child wanting to be a veterinarian, a teacher, or an actress.
5. Are you afraid of heights? I never was until I turned 30 and now I am petrified.
6. What was the highlight of your week? Friday nights out to dinner with my love.
7. What is your favorite city? I haven't made it there yet but I am sure it would be Seattle, Wa or Portland, Oregon. I really think I was suppose to be a Pacific West Coast girl...
8. What's the best concert you've ever been to? I haven't been to that many concerts and I am not a big fan of crowds but I went to see "Wicked" and loved it. I keep telling myself I need to do the theatre more often but can't seem to fit it in.
9. If I gave you the day "off" -- from your job or kids or whatever your usual responsibilities -- what would you do? Go shopping, catch a movie, and have dinner with a good friend or my husband if I could talk him into the movie and shopping part.
10. In your opinion, what is the best song to roller skate to? "Funky Town"
11. What are you doing after this? Taking my little guys to the McDonald's play area to get out of the house for a little while.