Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Double Digits







Mighty Mouth turns 10 today. September 1 is her day. It is also her Aunt Jeanette's birthday. Happy Birthday Jeanette!!! It is so hard for me to believe that she is 10 already. When I think of ten years past it seems so long ago, or when I think of ten years from now it seems so far away. When I look at her and how big she is now and how grown up I know she looks like a ten year old. In fact she is very tall for her age so she probably looks older than a ten year old. But what is so sad and mostly because she is my baby (although I felt it with each of my girls but so much stronger now with her) is this: there are so many things that I as a Mom have and will experience for the last time like :



1. What day will this baby be born and what will it be....



2. When will she sleep through the night....





3. When will she roll over....



4. When will she take her first steps...



5. Will she cry at her first day of preschool...



6. Kindergarten Graduation....



7. First Sleepover at a friends...



8. Learning to ride a bike and roller skate...



9. Getting to be a safety Patrol at school...



10. Making the principals list for the first time at school....



11. Her first crush on a boy....




Oh this list could go on and on of all the milestones she has crossed. And even though I know she has many more to go before she makes her way to adulthood, it is because she is my youngest that every time she reaches a milestone that her sisters have reached before her that I get a little sad mixed in with the excitement. It is very bittersweet. I am really trying to enjoy every second of this school year because this is her last year of elementary school. After this year there is no more




1. Wearing your Halloween costume to school



2. Being a safety Patrol



3. Holiday inspired art projects from school.





4. Bringing in snacks for Holiday Parties



5. Picking out Christmas presents for your teacher



6. Making Valentines for your classmates.



(and the biggest one of all)


7. No more letting Mom come have lunch with you at school with your friends.


(Because in middle school that just isn't cool)






I Love you with all my heart Mighty Mouth and I hope you have a WONDERFUL day!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: