Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Another Senior Milestone.....


Here is the Poster that I made for Sydnee for her last home soccer game. Tonight is Senior night. Her High School has a tradition where they celebrate the Seniors of the sports team at their last home event. She also had a Senior night for swim team but I have to tell you it was not as emotional as I think this one will be for her. Sydnee has been playing soccer since she was 6 years old and in the first grade. I would like to mention that we kind of owe this to our wonderful neighbors Greg and Eileen who's daughter Megan is the same age as Sydnee. They encouraged us to sign up Sydnee with Megan, Greg was Sydnee's very first coach. I have wonderful memories of The Englishman and Greg coaching the girl's together. Some of those girls she still plays soccer with and against to this day. In fact tonight, two of them will be on that field with her. To be honest, I didn't really see what the big deal was about this poster but she kept asking me about it and reminding me that I had to make one. You see all the Senior parents make their kids a poster and they hang them all along the fence of the field with balloons on Senior Night. I could tell that this was really important to her. I was starting to become a little intimidated because you see I am totally NOT creative. My sister got all those genes, her house is a showroom and while I read all the Mommy blogs she reads all the decorator Blogs. However, I knew I had to do my girl proud. So last night I enlisted the help of my youngest and her friend and I got started. (thank goodness I have a craft drawer for my little guys) I absolutely love how it turned out, what do you think?
My only hope now is that it dries before tonight.
Yes, that's my hope, that the poster and this Soccer Mom's eyes are dry tonight....
PPHS VARSITY SOCCER SENIOR GIRLS ROCK! (especially # 23)

No comments: