Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My trip to Flu Land....

Hi there,

I am slowly returning from my trip to Flu Land. I hope I never have to go back. It was awful, I purchased the "flu insurance" back in September which was suppose to help me avoid the trip. Well, this year anyway it was a waste of time and money. I first arrived Thursday night and started the trip with a Boa Constrictor taking residence around my chest. I woke the next morning coughing constantly to force him to loosen his grip but it was to no avail. By 11:00am Friday I was alternating between the sauna and the ice river trying to make up my mind which temperature I preferred. I was still pretty confidant that I would be able to get the first plane out of there by Saturday night at the latest. I was trying to make the best of the trip by catching up on some T.V while enjoying a constant flow of Ibuprofen cocktails but by Sunday morning I knew I had to pull out all the stops and head to the local travel agency aka "walk in clinic" and beg for immediate evacuation. You see by this point the boa constrictor had gone home but in his place were a bunch of little piranhas that kept swimming up and down inside my chest and esophagus having a luncheon. While the Travel Agency sympathized with my plight (you see a lot of folks were trying desperately to get out of Flu Land) there were no flights leaving. (that's the kicker, you can Fly into Flu Land but you have to take the bus out and it is such a LONG trip home)

Thankfully, I'm on my way though so wish me luck......

No comments: