Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July Things

* I had a Birthday, I am 41 now. Wow, it was so much easier than turning forty.

* Natalie and McKenlee finished their All Star season: McKenlee's team did not make it past the first round but Natalie's team came in second in round two. I was very proud of both girls. Natalie ended up playing on a combined team and made a bunch of new friends with some really nice girls. It was a great experience for my little home body.

* I went to the parent/student orientation for Sydnee at UCF. It was a lot of fun and I am totally excited for her. It was a beautiful campus and I was so impressed with everything. (Not that I had a lot to compare it to... lol I have only ever been on one other University campus 20 years ago when a friend went to UF )

* I started reading the "Game of Thrones" after becoming addicted to the series on HBO. I have always had a hard time "waiting for the next season to see what is going to happen." So far the series stayed pretty true to the book and I am really enjoying it. It is much easier to keep track of whose who in a book verses a TV show.

* I have (yes, I am a little embarrassed to admit this) become addicted to the latest season of the Bachelorette. I actually shed tears today (while watching it On Demand) when Ashley sent home Ames, he was my favorite. I hope my daughters find a guy like him one day. I don't think any one of those other guys have as much class in their whole bodies as that man has in his pinky. (ok, I'm done now with my shout out to Ames.) I know, I know, my name is Suzie and I am a TV aholic.

* My two year old's little brother was born on the 13th of this month and I got to go see him on Saturday. I know it has been said a hundred times before but you always forget how little a new born is. He was the tiniest most precious thing in the world. I can't wait till October when I get to take care of him.

* I have found a new blog that I love Pink Dryer Lint. I loved her quote from the "What is your life's Blueprint" and what she had to say about it. Go check it out, I'm sure you will love it too. It really hit home with me because I have been thinking a lot recently about going back to school and deciding what I want to be when I grow up. LOL

* I can't believe that one month from today I will be helping my daughter move into her dorm and out of my house. It's so hard to believe because you know just yesterday she was two.. Right??

Hopefully I will post again before August. LOL if not I will see you next month for "August's Things" LOL

No comments: