Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Actvities Night Champions

Activities night was a lot of fun. Miss Priss and I went because Mighty Mouth had her first soccer practice (more on that in a bit). Anyway, Soccer Girl's team came in first yes you heard me FIRST out of like 20 something teams. They were so surprised (as was I) especially because the team was comprised of all Sophomores and one Junior. It was really cute and it brought back a lot of memories of my high school days. The one thing that really bothered me though were the foul mouths on these teenagers. I was completly blown away at their language. Now don't get me wrong I am sure down on the field where the Teachers and Sponsers were they were on their best behavior but up in the stands where the kids outnumbered the adults it was insane. I am not talking about the occasional "shit" or "damn" which I am not so sensitive to. (probably beccause I have a tendency to use those words myself on occasion) But "F" and "MF" peppered every sentence. In fact, I think those two words WERE the sentences the majority of the time. It made no difference that I was sitting there or that my eleven year old daughter was sitting there. You would think they would at least try not to use that language when there was no doubt I would hear it. Of course my mind went to "I bet your parents would be mortified to hear you right now" (You know your a Mom when.....) So after much congratulations and pictures I had the to remind my daughter again that "if I ever catch you talking like that or hear that you were using that type of language from another parent you will not leave the house until you are 25" followed by "never ever forget just how many people know me around here" Of course, I really in my heart of hearts don't think that I have anything to worry about but then again I bet those kids parents think the same thing.....

Mighty Mouth had a great first soccer practice from what my Mom said. She said the coach was really nice and so were the other little girls on the team. I had to laugh though because as soon as she got home all I heard about was how her cleats were killing her toes. Now mind you on Sunday I told her to find all of her soccer gear cleats, shin guards, socks and make sure that the cleats fit ok. She tried it all on and told me they felt fine. Funny how your feet can grow in 2 days.

No comments: