Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Things I hate about summer.......

Okay, so I have been going on and on about how much I love summer. Well just so you don't get tired of listening to me. (I bet that's already happened a couple times huh?)I am going to share with you all the things I hate about summer. I know, I know, hard to believe there is anything to hate about summer and being off work. But surprisingly there really are quite a few things that drive me crazy, that only happen in the summer time. Here's my list:

1. Repeating over and over ("repeating" in June "SCREAMING" in August) "Shut the door the AIR IS ON"!!!

2. Never ending laundry (as if it is not that way normally it is worse in the summer) why do the kids feel like they need a completely new outfit every time they get out of the pool. Of course this has become a worse issue now that the "redneck pool" is in the back yard.

3. Higher grocery bill and more trips to the store because not only are my kids 10 times more hungry in the summer (due to boredom and copious amounts of time in the pool) but so are the neighborhood kids. Now don't get me wrong (in case my neighbors read my blog lol) I know my kids eat at the neighbors too. However, because I am home in the summer there are always extra kids at my house.

4. The constant messes....Is it so hard to pick up your clothes up off the floor? (you know after your 4th clean outfit of the day). Or how about the cups and bowls left all over the house? Even if you won't put it in the dishwasher can you at least get it back to the kitchen and I will take care of it? After you play a board game, or the Wii can you put it back? Or when you take your scooter, rip stick, power wing, softball gloves and balls outside can you please put these things away or at least bring them back in the house so our front yard doesn't look as "redneck" as our back porch

5. And last but not least I hate summer because the Englishman loves to remind me over and over and OVER again how it "must be nice" to be off work for 8 weeks in the summer....UGH!!!

No comments: