Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Random.....

1. I recently bought a washer AND a dryer, yes while the Internet is wonderful the advice I got only solved the problem briefly. Then just as I realize I was destined to buy a new washer the dryer went out. This after we just put $40 dollars into it a month ago for a new sensor. It is such a hard call do you keep putting money into the old or buy new. We chose the latter, gotta love Home Depot and "no interest for 12 months".

2. The girls are all doing really well. Miss Priss and Mighty Mouth are enjoying softball and I see such an improvement this season over last. Miss Priss is becoming a really great catcher and Mighty Mouth has finally learned to hit. No more hoping for a walk for this Mom. The coach has even moved Mighty Mouth to in field as her ground ball fielding has improved greatly and she has made some awesome catches. Soccer girl is currently taking a life guarding class in hopes to get a job life guarding this summer she's also really hoping that she can help coach the summer swim team that her sisters participate in. I hope it works out because I know she would be great at it.

3. I have got to get back to my exercise routine. I have severely fallen off the wagon. I just can't seem to get back in the groove. I just need more hours in the day, or I need to prioritize better I have to admit time management has never been one of my strong points. Wish me luck on this one I need it. Especially because I really want to do the half marathon in November.

4. We put our red neck pool back up and that has been a challenge. First off when we put it up there was a leak in the liner. Well good luck finding that. As it turns out it was only $25 cheaper to just buy another one vs buying just a liner. Walmart had them on sale $50 less than I paid last year. So I just bought a new one (the Englishman loved that as you can imagine, he hates the pool even though he did use it last summer) I knew I wanted it again this summer the kids had a blast in it almost everyday last year. Like I had said several times if it just lasts one summer it is well worth it. Well, I guess that's the life expectancy "one summer" unless we keep it up all year. I was reading on the Internet (see previous post) that taking the pool up and down is very hard on the liner and makes it more prone to leaks. But it's up and looks great because I learned some tips last year as far as leveling. Even though it is on a porch the porch isn't exactly level but it's nothing that a little sand couldn't fix so this year it is almost perfectly level. In fact Mighty Mouth is in it right now.

5.It is hard for me to believe that there is only 5 1/2 weeks of school left. 5 1/2 weeks and two of my little charges will leave my care and start kindergarten. I will miss them so much. I tentatively have one of the slots filled with a darling little baby girl who is only 3 mos old. It's been awhile since I have had a new born. I will be loving the rocking, cuddling, and cooing that comes with a newborn. I feel bad for my 2 1/2 year old little man he is going to really miss the other two. He is 2 1/2 going on 5 and that baby girl is not going to be able to play for a long while. I'm hoping that my other slot gets filled with a little one closer to his age or we will be going on play dates A LOT.

I guess that's it for now, have a great rest to your week.....

No comments: