Sunday, April 18, 2010

Why I love the Internet .......

So this afternoon my washing machine overflowed. Yes, all over my garage floor. Luckily, the Englishman and I (well, really mostly him) had just cleaned the garage out yesterday or it would have been a lot worse. So we cleaned up the water and then got down to the business of figuring out why it happened. Luckily, it wasn't a plumbing issue (those are the most scary to me $$$$). What was happening was the washing machine kept wanting to fill with water even after the drum was full. Regardless, of what water level I set it for it wanted to just keep filling. So I got on the Internet and looked up washing machine problems. Low and behold there was a section on our problem. It said sometimes it is as simple as a hose coming off. Apparently, there is this small hose inside your washer that is filled with air. This air pressure controls a sensor that tells the machine when to stop filling. ( I know there is probably a little more complicated of an explanation then the one I just gave but you get the gist) So, the Englishman took the panel off of the washing machine and sure enough there was the hose. He blew it clear, re-attached it, and "Voila" the washing machine is working like a charm. Hip Hip Hooray!!!! Anyone with children, especially three, knows that YOU CANNOT BE WITHOUT A WASHING MACHINE!!!!!!!!

No comments: