Tuesday, December 7, 2010

RIP Freddy the carnival fish....

Ok, I don't know why I started with this pet update thing but since I did I feel obligated to share that last week we lost the COOLEST GOLDFISH EVER Freddy Fish. I never thought I would get so attached to a Goldfish but he was really unique and I was devastated last week when I looked into his bowl and he wasn't there. I knew immediately that something was wrong because he always came over to the top of the bowl and talked to me (seriously, if fish could talk he would of been talking) My initial thought was that somehow one of the cats got him, but I quickly dismissed that idea because if it could of been done it would of happened already. I moved the bowl all around and didn't see him on the counter and then much to my horror I discovered him in the sink. He was dead, I was so sad. He must of some how jumped out of the bowl to his death. I had heard of fish doing this before but wasn't sure if it was true until now. I almost shed a tear. Seriously, if you can love a Goldfish I loved that Goldfish. Even the Englishman who is kind of anti pet except for the dog and his ever devoted black cat Tuesday was saddened by the news. His words were "that sucks, he was a cool fish" See what I mean, Freddy was the bomb!!! Of course I am really attached to the way the fish bowl looks on my kitchen counter so I ran right over to Walmart and bought another goldfish. We named him Wally after Walmart but it is not the same. He is not cool, he does not come to the top of the bowl begging for food like he hasn't eaten in a year. He does not kiss your finger when you put it in the bowl. He does not swim around like a maniac in hopes of getting noticed in his endless pursuit of those delicious golden flakes.

But I suppose he will grown on us...

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Your girls look suddenly older in your new header and are beautiful! What a good picture of everyone!