Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My competition......

You all know well that our house is very similar to a small zoo with all of our pets. But I don't think I have ever shared with you how one of our animals competes with me for my husband's affections. Yes, you see in his feline mind I am completely convinced that our huge black cat Tuesday truly believes that he and he alone is the love of my husband's life. Anytime the Englishman sits down to do anything Tuesday is in his lap. He doesn't just sit in his lap and wait to be stroked he takes his whole furry soft self and rubs all over the Englishman's chest. It is so funny to watch. Tuesday loves Sunday afternoons because he knows that the Englishman whenever possible tries to catch a nap on the couch. This means that Tuesday will get a good 2 hours of uninterrupted cuddle time. The saddest part of this is that the girls and I would love for Tuesday to show some of his affection to us. We would be more than willing to let him cuddle with us anytime he wanted. Unfortunately, Tuesday is not a friendly cat at all. To be truthful he is vicious and he bites for no reason. He doesn't normally break the skin. (Like that should make a difference right?) His bite is more of a warning or I would never risk him with my day care kids. Plus, little kids learn fast to avoid him at all costs. My little Hollie refers to our cats as the "nice meow meow" and the "bite meow meow" It is also unfortunate that he is so beautiful because visitors are always drawn to him. I then embarrassed (Because who keeps a cat that bites anyway? Yeah, that would be me.) have to say "please don't try to pet the black cat he is mean." It would be so much easier if he was ugly. People don't want to pet an ugly cat right???


Tuesday and the Englishman last Sunday "NAPTIME"

Notice the paw lovingly possessively outstretched around HIS love.....



No comments: