Thursday, December 22, 2011

Question and Answer

Now I usually don't do these kind of things. (I find them a little high schoolish) but what the heck I was inspired today by my little loves..


Our Questions:

1. What are you grateful for? Wow, I could write a whole blog post just on this question. Aside from the obvious, health and a roof over my head I'm going to list some smaller things that apply mostly to just me.

I am thankful for my marriage. So many people I know are struggling to find the one. Going through a divorce or miserable and feeling stuck. I am thankful that I found my ONE and feel very lucky.

I am grateful that my children are healthy, my first introduction into blogs and blogging was the blog of a friend of a friend whose child was battling cancer. Of course, blogs link to blogs and before I knew it I was following many blogs of parents whose children were battling illness. It is sad to say but so many of the children I was following have passed away but they left something with me and that is to appreciate every moment and never take your children for granted.

I am grateful for my husband's job and my own. Five and a half years ago Dave was given the opportunity to work for UPS through a friend. It was an hour commute each way, $40.00 in tolls a week and a pay cut. We were going to have to sell our house and and move from schools, family, and friends but I knew in my heart it was worth it. After being there a year he was able to transfer (which is practically un heard of) and we didn't have to move. Within two and 1/2 years he was at full pay which almost doubled his old pay and for the most part his job is very secure.





2. Could you honestly say that you are happy? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!



3.What motivates you? Fear, I know that's probably not good but it is true....





4.What do you value most in a relationship? Loyalty

5. How have you grown over this past year? I have really tried this year to not worry so much. You know kind of take the "let go let God" mentality. I don't always succeed but I'm really trying.

6. What gift would you love to give to a loved one? I would love to be able to afford to send my husband home to England for a long weekend every three months. His parents are getting older and I would love for him to be able to spend more time with them.

7. Best date night. This one is tough because Dave and I are not by nature romantic or creative but recently since our kids have gotten older we have been going to dinner just the two of us on Friday nights. I really enjoy that time with him to talk about our week and what we have planned for the weekend. I feel like we re-connect and I love the uninterrupted one on one.

8. Current etsy love? I don't shop on Etsy but have recently fallen in love with KOHL'S again. Does that count?

9. Current blog love? THE MEANEST MOM This Lady cracks me up every time I read a post and I can usually relate to every word. Check her out you won't regret it...

10. Book recommendation? Loved, Loved, Loved, "The Help" and the movie was almost as good as the book. Currently enthralled with "The Game Of Thrones" series I know, I know, I have a very broad spectrum in reading tastes.

11. Favorite gift you are giving this year? My two older daughters are traveling this Christmas break and as part of their Christmas presents we funded these trips. I am very excited for both of them. One of them is taking a tropical destinations cruise and the other a mountain ski trip. I can't wait to see their pictures and hear about their very different destinations....

No comments: