Friday, October 16, 2009

Fall Festival












Every year our local Catholic church holds a Fall Festival and every year my good friend and I take our kids. (and a couple extras)They have a wrist band night where you ride all the rides for one price. Wrist band night always coincides with a teachers planning day within the public schools so that the kids will not have school the next day. My girls look forward to this every year. Every once in awhile we will get a cold front passing through the week of the festival and we get to pretend that we live in a climate where there really is fall in October. Unfortunately, this year it was so HOT, we have had record highs this week. I don't know why I bothered to do my hair and make up (well really I do, it's because like all other town events I run into tons of people I know) but of course my makeup melted off and my hair was stuck to my head in a matter of minutes in the 100 percent humidity. On the way out this nice insane man offered us a free Goldfish from one of the Festival games. This puts our pet grand total currently to eleven. 1 Dog, 2 Cats, 2 Bunnies, 2 Hermit Crabs, 2 Hamsters, 1 Bird and 1 Fish who Mighty Mouth named Freddie. I told her if he made it to morning I would buy him some fish flakes and lo and behold when I got up this morning he was alive and well. (Luckily we had the bowl and everything, glad I kept that stuff) We'll see, we haven't had much luck with Goldfish in the past (our Betas lived for a couple years, go figure) This weekend should be fun we are headed to a farm for their Pumpkin Festival where they have all kinds of things for kids. As a bonus we are expecting a cold front so Sunday the high is only getting to seventy six. Woo hoo (is that a word?) We will actually be able to do something outside without sweating our booties off!!!! Have a great weekend!!!!

No comments: