Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. I had a very quiet one, it was nice. Normally on Mother's Day our tradition has always been to go to the beach. That was the plan but after hanging out (there may or may not have been a little drinking involved) with our great friends on Saturday afternoon and evening we just felt like being lazy on Sunday. Natalie decided she wanted to paint her bedroom this weekend and we told her she had to do it herself. I know this sounds horrible but you see our children like most children have the "I want it now" mentality. She was determined that her room be painted this weekend and Dave and I were not up for it.

Sidenote: It is a well known fact that Dave and I both HATE to paint. We avoid it at all costs.

But of course come Sunday morning she was overwhelmed and frustrated by the daunting task and I took pity on her so together we finished the job. I must say it looks great. I wasn't sure about the color at first but I really like it. I will post pictures later.

Here let me quickly say thank you to Aunt Sharon who on Saturday night stopped by (we were not home) and also took pity on Natalie and went home grabbed her painting stuff and helped.

Dave and the girls' bought me a Kindle for Mother's Day and I was very excited. I have been wanting one but the frugal in me had a hard time since I am at the library once a week anyway for storytime with my little guys. Now when I want to read the latest bestsellars I don't have to wait forever on the library's waiting list and while yes I will have to pay for the book it will be at a much reduced cost than the hardcover and I won't have to store it.

We have another busy week ahead of us with softball games and school meetings and oh yeah PROM. Yes, Sydnee's prom is Friday night and she is very excited. I am excited for her and cannot wait to see her in her gorgeous dress. We pick it up from the tailor on Tuesday. (it had to be hemmed) It is gorgeous just like her.

(yes, I am very partial lol)

I promise lots of pictures!!!! Have a great week!!!!

No comments: