Thursday, May 19, 2011

Weight Watchers 5K

So Saturday is my WW 5k. I am looking forward to it. Yes, I really did just say that. LOL The reason is I am hoping it will jump start me back into a walking routine again. I have been doing a lot of thinking about getting back into a routine but not a lot of doing. Just a lot of excuses.

First off of course has been the infamous foot. I can't make up my mind about this darn foot. Right about the time I'm thinking I really need to go back to the Dr. and have it checked out some more I wake up the next morning with it feeling and looking pretty good. Like this morning for instance. I woke up and it was hardly swollen and it barely hurt at all. Of course, now that I have been on it a little while it has swelled up a little but it still feels pretty good. This Saturday will be 10 weeks since I injured it. I'm anxious to see how it does after the 5k. The furthest I have walked since the sprain has just been around Busch Gardens which I am sure was probably equivalent to 5k but with lots of breaks.

My second excuse of course is the old stand by TIME. We have just been so busy these last few months with softball almost every night and end of year events for Sydnee that when we do have a night off the last thing I want to do is go walk. What I really want to do is just relax but mostly find myself catching up on things like laundry and cleaning. I wish I felt the same way about exercise as I do about cleaning. I feel incredibly overwhelmed and stressed when my house is a mess I feel like I can't relax because the mess is just staring at me. I wish that not exercising made me feel that way. I wish I just couldn't relax or do anything fun until my workout was done. I mean don't get me wrong I dread having to do laundry and vacuum and mop floors but for some reason not the way I DREAD exercising. I also don't get that awesome feeling of accomplishment when I'm done like I do when I look around a clean and organized home. In fact (and this is terrible) I usually feel depressed after a walk because I then realize how out of shape I am and how I just want to hurry up and finish. I think about how I have wanted to get a handle on my weight and fitness for so long and I just can't stay motivated long enough.

I know this is just a mind set and like all things it's just about getting your mind in the right place. I just wish that they sold a map to help you find THAT place and then LOCKED you up to keep you there. LOL

1 comment:

Valerie, Chloe's mom said...

I wish you a lot of courage for your foot pain and I really think you should go walking to get better ! The more you walk, the more you love it and then, you can no longer do without it ! Walk will feel you good and you will change your mind.
As you said it, this is just a mind set.
I was like you and when I started running, I do not feel good if I went running before I do the housework. And one day, someone told me :" you take care of others too much and not enough of you - letting go ! "
I listened to him.
I can assure you that today run gives me as much pleasure as doing housework !!! It is a matter of habit... Take care of you !
hugs