Thursday, June 14, 2012

Around here...

A lot has been going on around here.

1. We bought a new car.  Yes, I no longer drive the Mom-mobile mini van.  I will miss her she had a lot of space and accommodated tons of kids in her day but we were having all kinds of issues with her lately and it was time.  We bought a 7 seater Dodge Journey crossover which is way small in spite of the seven seats.  However, it is super sporty and has all these cool features like talking through the car with my phone. (I'm sure there is a technical name for this feature but I do not know what it is called.)  But since I was always trying to dig my phone out of my purse while driving when it was ringing and 85 percent of the time being unsuccessful I love this.  Plus, when I have to take my kids somewhere I am no longer hearing "can we PLEASE take the truck" they totally hated the van.

2. McKenlee's team won TOC's and had an undefeated season.  It was super exciting and she got this really cool trophy.  We also found out that she made the All Star team so softball is still going strong in our house.

3. Summer swim team has started so back and forth to the pool every evening I go.  (of course this is more fun in a brand new car.)

4.  We have some friends from England flying in Saturday for a spur of the moment trip.  We are very excited to spend time with them.

5. Looking forward to a relaxing week at the beach next month.

6. Totally enjoying having my girls out of school.  Days just seem much more laid back and relaxed.  Seems as though my evenings are still swamped though.  Sometimes I look at the clock and it is 10pm and I think how is that possible?  The evenings just fly by.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Father's Day weekend.

No comments: