Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sydnee's home....

Sydnee got home tonight for Christmas Break.  She and McKenlee headed up to the high school to watch Natalie's Soccer game.  I was going to go to but then it started to rain.  I just wasn't up for sitting in the rain. Plus, I worry more when the girls play sports in the rain.  There is so much more chance for injury with wet ground.  I feel like I spend the whole time holding my breath every time they go in for a tackle (with soccer) or slide into a base (with softball).

My oldest daughter makes me smile every time she comes home from college.  Each time without fail as she comes around the corner and into the driveway she beeps her horn continuously to announce her arrival. Then we her royal subjects loving family run outside and meet her in the driveway.  We give her big hugs and then help her carry in all her stuff ( see: laundry).  I don't know why we do this but it is expected now and I think it would break her heart if we didn't do it.  So of course we do, and it always makes me smile.

I guess Dave and I did something right.

 I say this because our girls know they are special. (every child is special) They have been raised knowing that their presence in our home is treasured, that they are adored, and we love having them here.  There is no doubt in their minds that when they are not at home they are missed.

 Now don't get me wrong, I don't want to come across all rainbows and butterflies here.  There are times, especially when they were younger when they would tell us they were spending the night with a family member or a friend and  Dave and I would mentally shout hip, hip hooray!!!  Because lets face it, sometimes you just need a break even from the ones who hold your heart.

But one of the best feelings I get  when I wake in the middle of the night is walking by each of my little girl's rooms and seeing them sleeping peaceful and safe under the same roof.  Even though (and I hate this) they really aren't little girls anymore.

No comments: