Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Nap time for little kitties...

One thing that is an absolute given every Christmas season is that my cats will spend copious amounts of time napping under the Christmas tree.  So much in fact that usually the day before Christmas I will have to wash my tree skirt or risk having cat hair over all the presents.

It's funny because my cats don't have the best of relationships but will tolerate each other this time of year so they can both enjoy the very coveted spot.  I haven't figured out yet if it is because they feel safe and a little hidden under the tree,  if they just really like the thick fluffy tree skirt, or if the lights give off a little heat which they enjoy.  It may be a combination.  Whatever the reason I think it is adorable and had to snap a picture.

2 comments:

The Carters said...

how cute! They don't try to knock the ornaments off? Or maybe they're too old for that.

Driving three Prince Girls said...

Shannon, no they don't try to knock the ornaments off anymore thank goodness. When they were kittens I had to place all the breakable ones and the ones the kids made up high and they still managed to break a few. Luckily they are old and lazy now. LOL