Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas is over........

Good Morning....Well we made it through and it was really nice. One little downfall poor Miss Priss got so sick. I took her to the Dr. on Wednesday morning because she had started running a fever on Tuesday and she tested positive for the flu. We have never had the flu in our household and I can tell you that I never want it again. Next year we will definitely be getting a flu shot something I have never done in years past. Luckily we managed to get through it with no one else getting sick. I was a germ freak for those 6 days. I washed my hands so much they were chapped and I went through one large can of Lysol in two days. She was so bad I thought I was going to have to take her to the emergency room but the Dr called in an antibiotic for her and within 24hrs of that she was making an up turn. It reminded me of just how lucky I am that I have such healthy kids. They very rarely ever get sick, and when they do it is usually just a stomach virus or the common cold. I can't imagine worrying like that all the time. It has been nice being off work this past week. I was able to do all the things I wanted with the girls. We went and saw "Bedtime Stories" yesterday and it is so cute. I highly recommend it. We are hosting a New Years Eve get together with some of our friends and their children this year. We like to have the kids with us and not be to far away from home on New Years Eve so we enjoy just doing small house parties. The girls have really been enjoying their Christmas presents especially Soccer Girl and her new lap top. I was a little concerned she might be disappointed that this would be her only gift (with a couple of very small things) because it was such a large ticket item. But I really don't think that bothered her at all she is so thrilled with it. We got Miss Priss an Ipod Nano she loves it and Mighty Mouth got an "American Girl" doll. I was a little hesitant on that because they are so expensive for a DOLL but she has really enjoyed it so I am glad that we did . So we are just going to enjoy the rest of our break and relax.....................

No comments: