Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Stopping to smell the rain...

Here is a copy of an email I sent to the parents of my little one's today. I wanted to share it here because it reminded me of seeing the world through the eyes of children. I think it is important that I try to notice the little things in my life and appreciate them. Hopefully you will too.

We decided to stay home today because we knew it was going to be yucky outside. Plus when I asked the older kids what they wanted to do, they wanted to stay home and play. I think they have really missed all playing together. We have been on the go so much the beginning of this week and haven't had a lot of "free play". They had been playing all morning when suddenly I noticed they had stopped and were looking out the window at the rain. All three fascinated. They then broke out into a chorus of "rain, rain go away" I quickly took their picture and was reminded again why I love my job. I would have never noticed that it had started raining if they had not been here to share it with me. So we sat and watched the rain for awhile. It was great...........


No comments: