Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday morning in the mountains.....

We woke to a beautiful cool (almost cold morning) in NC. The heat even kicked on. We headed to the gym because I am determined to continue with my workouts and healthy eating habits. I got on the treadmill for my hour and at the end decided I was going to run a little. Then I scared myself half to death (because I am such a hypochondriac) because my heart rate was so high. So after a small panic attack I realized that I was going to live. LOL We then headed back to the townhouse for breakfast. After we drove around to check everything out. We hiked around a beautiful lake then headed over to the golf course. We decided it would be fun to play a family round of golf. Dave was thrilled because it is one of his favorite things to do. We had a blast and I have to tell you playing golf is way harder than it looks. I think the girl's favorite part was driving the golf carts. It was getting really chilly so we headed back and I put on a pot of chili while Dave took the girl's fishing in the little lake right by our town home. Apparently, McKenlee was quite the fisher girl as she caught the only fish which was a whopping 2 inches long. LOL We are heading to check out some of the local waterfalls tomorrow. We also have canoeing planned for Tuesday and horseback riding planned for Thursday.....

No comments: