Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Dinner is served....

Dave is on vacation this week and it is so nice having him home.  Usually, when he is on vacation we are ALL on vacation and going somewhere.  Unfortunately, this was the only week that Dave could get.  He is kind of low on the totem pole at work.  With the kids starting school this week going anywhere as a family wasn't an option.  He thought about trying to fly home to England to visit family but airfare was way out of our price range. Especially this time of year with school clothes, two birthdays, and visits from friends.  So he is having a staycation and hanging out with me and my little ones.  Today we headed to Kanes furniture and Ikea to look at bedroom sets for McKenlee's room since Sydnee took the bedroom set that was in there with her for her apartment.

Tonight I decided it was time to get back to the gym and get working on my time and speed for the half marathon.  This has been on my mind a lot since I have not been working out AT ALL and February is quickly approaching.  One of my friends, who is doing the marathon with me suggested we do a different marathon that has a more flexible time requirement.  Instead of a 16 minute mile they allow a 18.34 minute mile.  Oh my gosh, that was music to my ears I tell ya.  I knew I was never going to be able to get to that consistent 16 minute mile but 18.34 is totally doable.  I was so relieved and then inspired. So back at it I am.  

Back to the title of this post.  Because I was at the gym with Natalie, Dave and McKenlee decided they would make the meatloaf that I had planned for dinner.  Neither of them had any idea how to make a meat loaf so McKenlee decided to look in one of my cook books and try to find a meatloaf recipe.  They found one for a southwest meatloaf but didn't have all the exact ingredients so they improvised.  The most impressive was substituting crushed cheerios for crushed cornflakes.  I wasn't really sure how that was going to taste but I have to tell you their meatloaf was delicious.  It was so nice to come home and find out that they had made dinner.  How nice it would be if Dave could be home all the time to make dinner with McKenlee.  :)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Buy and sell new and used modern, outdoor, office, bedroom and home furniture.
Choose from a great selection of gently used furniture for every room in your home.
More here used furniture seattle