Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sydnee the Baker...

I have been so impressed with my college girl and her culinary skills this past year while she has been in her own apt. She is on a very tight budget and has learned early that it is much cheaper to cook and hang out with friends at home. She has on several occasions texted me and asked me the recipes to certain things that I make that she especially likes. Sunday was her boyfriend Matt's birthday so she was having their group of friends over for baked Ziti (she found this recipe herself on pinterest, baked Ziti is not anything that I ever make) and pineapple upside down cake.  This was her first attempt at pineapple upside down cake.  They didn't have traditional cake tins so she improvised with a baking dish and used it twice.  From what I gather the dinner was a success and her room mate Kayla snapped a couple pics for me to see so of course I had to share because come on, isn't she the cutest in her apron with their new mixer Kayla's Mom gave them.
Isn't the apron just darling, that's the one her room mate Katie got her for her Birthday

The first of the two cakes.  There are no cherries because they were $3  a jar.  Told you my girl was frugal. LOL

No comments: