Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year...

Happy New Year friends I hope your new year has started off with a bang.  Ours is going pretty well.

Sydnee headed back to college this past Friday.

We got our Christmas decorations down and Valentines Day up.  I've kind of made a habit of doing that for two reasons.  One, Dave only has to get in the attic once and two, the house doesn't seem so bare.

The younger girls head back to school tomorrow.

One of my little guys headed off to big boy school with his big brother. :(    This is always hard but I have a new little one (3 months) starting tomorrow that I am excited to get to know.

I have taken on a pretty big resolution this year.  I knew I wanted to do something fitness related because I'm trying so hard to incorporate DAILY exercise into my life.  I know how important this is to my health and in trying to lose weight.  Dave had been talking to me about how he had been hearing a lot about a 1,000 mile a year challenge.  Running or in my case walking/running 1,000 miles in one year.  I was like "wow, that is a heck of a lot of miles."  He responded with " it's only 20 miles a week".  I got to thinking about that, I was currently averaging about 12 miles a week already.  Could I fit in 8 more?  I decided I can, especially if I make a point to walk/run everyday.

 On lots of occasions if I didn't have time to do at least 3 miles I wouldn't bother.  Silly really I don't know what my logic was in that.  So I have decided this is my resolution.  I'm really excited.  I am going to make time for this everyday without fail even if I only have time for one mile.

My weeks will run Tuesday to Tuesday because I started on New Years Day.  So far I have 13 miles in for this week.  Hopefully, this will help me blog more often too as I document my progress.

Other than that things are pretty quiet around here.

Happy Sunday, enjoy your day....





4 comments:

Mama's Mumbo Jumbo said...

You go girl! Could you spread some of that motivation over here? I could sure use it!

The Carters said...

What a great goal! I know you can do it!! Is your husband doing it too?

Driving three Prince Girls said...

No Shannon he isn't but let me tell you he loves the role of drill sergeant. Every evening when he gets home from work he asks "did you get out there today, how many miles did you do?" lol

The Carters said...

Ha!! That's funny - guess you can say you have a personal trainer :)