Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Week Two...

I completed week two last night with a four mile walk.  On Sunday I did eight miles.  Eight miles is the furthest I had ever done before and I felt every single step of that last mile.  I think I may have even cried a little I was hurting so bad.  My pace had slowed to that of a snail and I even sat on a chair in a neighbors front yard for a minute or two. (this was only part of the reason my time sucked the other was just plain slow a-- walking)  But I did it and I was proud.  I have a big ol blister on my toe as proof.  I also completed my twenty miles for the week.  What I did not accomplish yet again with week two was the walking every night challenge.  I missed Friday and Saturday.  Maybe next week I will be able blog that I did it.

In other news of the week.  It has been crazy hot here in sunny Florida and I hate it. We have had record highs this week and that sure doesn't help my motivation to get out there and exercise.  Part of the reason I hate the heat so much is that I am an Olympic Sweater.  Sweat pours out of me.  While I have heard for years that this is suppose to be so healthy and body cleansing, to me it is just GROSS.  It also means that as soon I get back from my walks I must immediately shower.  Due to this I have not done my hair or worn makeup for two weeks because why bother if I am just going to sweat it all away.  My hair is constantly in a pony tail on the top of my head.  Luckily, next week it cools off again. Hopefully, until April when we start our seven months of sweltering.

I wish I had more to share but it has been a really quiet week.

Until next time, may the miles be ever in your favor.  (I know, corny  lol)

No comments: