Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hamster, Hamster, Hamsters Galore...


Last night I went to check on Lola (mommy hamster) because I knew there was the possibility that she could be pregnant again.  This was due to the fact that we were not expecting the first litter. Remember, we thought we had two girls.  So I did not remove the Daddy hamster prior to Mommy having the babies.

Everything I read on the internet about baby Robos warned me to take Daddy out before babies are born otherwise he will most certainly get busy quickly ensuring the survival of his family line.  Well, I definitely  would of done that had I been aware we were having babies.

Yes, you guessed it Lola had litter number two last night.  If I am not mistaken and it's quite possible I am (they are so tiny and all wiggling together) we have six more little hammies.

Crazy right???

Just as I was coming to terms with losing the one I have six more to worry about.  I hope Mommy isn't overwhelmed and of course I hope they all survive.

Then the hard part begins finding homes for seven hamsters.  Luckily I already have a home for one of them.

YIKES!!!  Wish me luck....


No comments: