Sunday, October 21, 2012

We survived the no TV challenge...



We did it!!!  We made it through the week.  To be honest it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  This is primarily because I knew that my beloved DVR was recording everything that I was missing.  I think it would of been ten times harder if I would of had to just totally miss all my favorite shows.  I say this because Hi, my name is Suzie and I am a TV aholic.  

The funniest part of the week was when Dave and I were sitting on our bed watching the presidential debate on our lap top.  I told him it was kind of ridiculous and we really should just go watch it in the family room and make an exception because it was the debate for heavens sake.  He being his stubborn self said no way and I of course had to follow suit because I surely couldn't let him win.  LOL

Saturday afternoon was spent, yup you guessed it watching TV.   Sydnee was home just for the day she came in Friday night for a friends B-Day party but wanted to drive back Saturday night so she could be home all day Sunday to study for an exam on Tuesday.  So we had an early dinner and she took off.

We packed up the truck with kids and chairs and headed to "movies in the park."  I talked about this more in depth here.  The movie playing was Madagascar III it was very cute.  We had McKenlee, her friend Hannah and Natalie and her boyfriend Thor.  We were met by my sister and brother in law Steve and their daughter Hannah and my friend Jenn and her husband Eric and their two girls.  Jenn's daughter Emma and my niece Hannah are only a year apart and they totally hit it off.  It was the perfect night, clear and cool.  I even got to wear a light jacket.  Woot ,Woot.

By the end of the night the little girls were getting tired and cuddly and I was lucky enough to be their lap of choice.

The picture below is of me with Hannah and Emma.



It was a nice evening spent with family and friends...